Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 8th - MCC Track - 4.05 miles - 49:00

Going into this workout I knew I'd have to cut it short. It was my husband's birthday and we had margaritas to get to! I needed to leave by 7:45. I had considered going early to get in the miles I'd be missing but since it was about a million degrees out I decided that whatever I'd get done by 7:45 is what I'd get done. After all, there is no "only 4 mile" run, every mile is an accomplishment to be celebrated.

The showing was light, Coach Andy proclaimed that you were there because you were either running off stress or Type A. Or completely crazy, I guess. There was a heat advisory so we were all reminded to take it easy. Some folks dropped after just the warm-up lap, I wasn't too upset at leaving after 10 of the 16 laps on the schedule (not including the 1.3 mile cool down).

Again, despite the heat, I wasn't feeling bad. I did chug my bottle of coconut water and chia seeds to stay hydrated and energized but I didn't feel the heat like I usually do. Maybe this summer won't be so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment